Thursday, September 24, 2009

Sephora Haul- UD Book of Shadows 2, Stila Bronzers, etc.

Yay, Sephora haul time! :-) After seeing the preview pics for this gorgeous palette (Urban Decay's Book of Shadows II or BOS2), I knew I would absolutely love it and get sooo much use out of it! (Which is now the screening method I put all of my future purchases through..) During checkout, I noticed that Sephora was also offering a killer deal on Stila bronzers.. $10 for 2 full-sized products that they still sell for $28 and $32 seperately!! The rest of the items pictured are samples that came with the order (the Philosophy set was a special promo that they WAAAAY over-valued at $65.. its not worth any specific dollar amount because they are JUST SAMPLES!???! Its really annoying when places put dollar amounts on samples.. samples are made to be given out for free to entice someone to buy the full sized product or to make sure they like it before purchasing to cut down on returns..just because they've bundled a few of them, doesn't give it a spectacular *value* and especially not a value of $65.. Just my 2 cents...)



View with the top open.. the top part holds a booklet with some fun makeup looks and a large mirror..

A close-up of the shadows.. From top left: Perversion, Gunmetal, Ecstacy, AC/DC
 Nylon, Sellout, Mushroom, Sphynx
 Half Baked, Twice Baked, Midnight Cowboy Rides Again, YDK
Jinx, Flipside, Homegrown, Misdemeanor
24/7 Glide-On eye pencil minis in Bourbon and Zero
Primer Potion mini
Click on the picture for a more detailed look at the shades..



So I've swatched everything but the darker stila bronzer (the top one, gold, is more of a highlighter than bronzing powder) and I have to say that everything looks so gorgeous and shimmery and I can't wait to play around with it and create some gorgeous looks! I will be updating with some FOTD's using this palette very soon!!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Kristin! Haha, it doesn't seem like you suck, I just LOVE your blog and love hearing what you have to say! Hopefully you'll get really popular around here! BTW- do you do makeup tutorials?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again! Yes, I do them but have only posted one so far on YouTube of kinda crappy quality lol. I'm actually thinking of filming one today but not sure if I'll have the time to edit it. Thanks SO much for reading (and liking lol!) my blog and I hope you like the videos too! They're very related content, like some of the hauls and that green smokey eye FOTD that are on here.. Let me know how you like them too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love them! And related to this post, I love the colors and the presentation of the palette! And I LOVE Ecstasy!

    ReplyDelete