Sunday, August 23, 2009

Discount Store Haul #1

So I was doing a little shopping with my mom yesterday and we were in the neighborhood of one of the places she stops by sometimes and decided to take a peek inside. I was pleasantly surprised by the selection of makeup they had available.. and everything was at the bargain price of 99 cents! The first items I saw were 2 palettes from Kleancolor in #'s 36602 and 36601. At first glace, they appeared very metallic and just gorgeous shimmery colors.. The #36602 has some bronzes, silvers, coppers and purples and #36601 has a great mix of beige, coppers, green and blue. When I got home and tested them out they were very smooth and blendable. The only issue I have is that with this collection, some of the colors repeat in the different palettes. Next, I found a Revlon eyeshadow trio in Show Stopper Copper, which includes a soft, slightly shimmery ivory, a brighter copper with medium shimmer, and a bronze with just a touch of metallic shimmer, all of which are very smooth and compliment each other beautifully. Lastly, I came upon a Physician's Formula wet/dry bronzer in Baked Bronze. This one I think I have some issues with- the color shows slightly orangey on my very fair complexion and the shimmer might be a little but much for daytime. I'm going to play around with it though and update with swatches very soon. 


All of this for under $5. I was definitely a happy makeup addict yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment