Saturday, August 29, 2009

Bliss Blood Orange & White Pepper Body Butter Review

Picture courtesy of Blissworld.com

Whew, what a name! The first thing that struck me about this body moisturizer is the interesting combination of blood orange (a longtime fave scent) and white pepper.. Is this lotion going to make me sneeze? Hehe.. Not at all, as it turns out. The scent of this has actually turned into a slight obsession for me. The blood orange in it is very present and just begs to be sniffed but for some reason it reminds me of late fall.. Like when the Christmas rush starts and the Christmas-y scents come out. I'm thinking maybe I'm translating the white pepper into clove? Whatever it may be, the scent is definitely addictive and I really like it.

But of course this isn't a perfume, and this baby lays down the moisture pretty nicely as well. I didn't notice any greasiness after a few minutes (would wait a few before dressing though), and hours after I can still feel this incredible softness wherever I've rubbed in the lotion. My one drawback.. and unfortunately its a biggie.. This lotion sells for the not-so-bargain price of $35 for 8.5 ounces on blissworld.com or through their catalog. The scary part is, if this was the only lotion you're using, you'd go through more than one a month and for me at least, thats just WAAAY too much to spend on lotion. Maybe for a special occasion, or if you get a particularly nice paycheck, this would be an awesome splurge as a little treat for yourself.

1 comment: